donderdag 17 juni 2010

Artist Recommendation: Ana Nikolić

I have a confession to make. A few months ago I fell in love with a woman, a Serbian beauty by the name of Ana Nikolić. I was trying to be all international by visiting foreign blog-sites, and there I saw the most beautiful face I had ever seen on an album cover. But the CD seemed so "pop" (I wasn't in a pop-mood that day), that I pressed backspace and continued my search for music. However, I couldn't get Ana's face out of my memory. So finally I gave in to my cravings and I checked out the album. It turned out to be a "greatest hits" album by the name of Platinum Collection (2008). So yeah, I gave it a listen. And I fell in love with her. It was no longer solely physical attraction.

Ana is a star in Serbia, she competed to represent Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest TWICE (in 2006 and 2009) with the songs Romale, Romali and Bili Smo Najlepši. In both cases she should have been selected and SHE SHOULD HAVE WON because her songs are PERFECT for the Eurovision Song Contest. Instead, the host of the semi-final said "Not Ana", before announcing the actual winner.
I recommend all of you to go to her website http://www.ananikolic.eu/ (for the English version you simply press Enter when you reach the website), because you can download 4 of her songs FOR FREE! Bili Smo Najlepši is my favorite and it's not on the Platinum Collection album so I think internet is the only way to get it. Listen to it, you'll have to admit it has Eurovision written all over it.
Other songs I recommend, are Ekstaza, Solo Ti, Solo Ja and the title songs of both of her albums (Januar and Devojka od Čokolade).

Now, I should post the album cover I fell in love with, but I'm afraid I'll get sued for copyright infringement so you'll have to Google it.

Finally, I have a request for you guys.. If you can find a way to buy or download her albums Januar and Devojka od Čokolade - let me know. Because to my great shame, I must say I haven't heard those albums yet, just the songs that are on her Platinum Collection album.

Enjoy my beautiful Serbian goddess and please let me know if you liked the free songs!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten